WORKERS COMPENSATION FRAUD is a FELONY OFFENSE
Punishable by up to $5,000 and up to 10 years in prison.
(Ala. Criminal Code, Section 13A-11-124)
WORKERS COMPENSATION FRAUD CAN BE:
- Reporting an off the job accident as an on the job accident.
- Reporting an accident that never happened.
- Complaints of exaggerated or non-existent accident injury symptoms.
- Malingering – to avoid work when injury is healed.
- Not reporting outside income from other work while drawing workers’ compensation benefits.
- Making false or fraudulent statements to obtain compensation benefits.
TO ANONYMOUSLY REPORT SUSPECTED WORKERS’ COMPENSATION FRAUD:
1. Call Our FRAUD LINE 1-877-315-4654 OR (205) 380-4096 or
2. Call the State of Alabama FRAUD LINE AT 1-800-923-2533 OR (334) 242-7345 or
3. Fill out the form below. Supplying your contact information is OPTIONAL